- Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:59:17 +0000: Paul Schell, Seattle mayor during WTO protests, dies - The Columbian - vancouver riot - Google NewsPaul Schell, Seattle mayor during WTO protests, dies
In 2001, a riot broke out during Mardi Gras in Seattle's Pioneer Square, leaving one man dead and scores assaulted. Schell is survived by his wife, Pam, and his daughter, Jamie. Please take a second to review our community guidelinesCommunity ...
and more »
- Sun, 27 Jul 2014 02:01:29 +0000: Hundreds protest lack of affordable housing in Vancouver - News1130 - vancouver riot - Google News
News1130Hundreds protest lack of affordable housing in Vancouver
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – The dire state of housing for the homeless is being highlighted in Vancouver. Hundreds of people marched from the Downtown Eastside to City Hall today. Nate Crompton organized the protest and says the situation isn't bound ...
- Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:26:57 +0000: Parker's project: He put The Rite of Spring on the piano - Ottawa Citizen - vancouver riot - Google News
Ottawa CitizenParker's project: He put The Rite of Spring on the piano
And then the next day I had to get back to Vancouver but I flew through Seattle because I had a car there that I needed to pick up. But the best of all is on Aug. 5, I'm getting from St. John's, N.L., to Orcas Island (on the U.S. side of the Juan de ...
- Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:34:35 +0000: In wake of SkyTrain shutdown, TransLink CEO seeks 'outside independent voice' - The Globe and Mail - vancouver riot - Google NewsIn wake of SkyTrain shutdown, TransLink CEO seeks 'outside independent voice'
The Globe and Mail
At an unrelated news conference, he compared it to the independent review of the 2011 Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver. “I certainly think they can benefit from outside input. This happens in other cities. I am sure there are lessons to learn from ...
and more »
- Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:20:29 +0000: Archives: Komagata Maru departs from Vancouver - Vancouver Courier - vancouver riot - Google NewsArchives: Komagata Maru departs from Vancouver
Thousands of people cheered from the docks as the ship sailed away. Indian police later killed 19 passengers during a riot that ensued upon the Komagata Maru's return. The B.C. legislature unanimously passed a motion formally apologizing for the ...